JOB PURPOSE: to provide overall management direction for multiple projects, establishing project objectives, procedures, schedules and performance standards within boundaries of company policy. Initiate and maintain liaison with prime clients, general contractors, and suppliers to facilitate construction activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures, schedules and performance standards.
- Initiate and maintain liaison with prime client, general contractor and suppliers.
- Monitor / control construction projects by providing direction to on-site superintendents to ensure each project is built on schedule and within the budget; investigate any potential serious situation and implement corrective measures.
- Represent Company in meetings with clients, general contractors, and suppliers, etc.
- Manage financial aspects of contracts (fee payment, rental equipment, income/expenses, etc) to protect company’s interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with client / general contractor.
- Assume additional responsibilities as directed by corporate executives.
- Ensure safety standards are being strictly followed at all assigned job sites.
Through understanding of corporate and industry practices, standards, etc. and their impact on project activities vital. Superior communication and interpersonal (tact, diplomacy, influence, etc.) skills essential. Significant business skills required. Educational and experience requirements include: 4 year construction degree or equivalent, plus extensive (ten or more years) experience / knowledge of construction, design, finance and management required.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to the Board and outside investors.